The Fullers' Room
The Fullers' Room lies within an extension to St. Mary's Guildhall, added in the mid 19th century to provide additional accommodation for the City Council.
The large window overlooks the cobbled Bayley Lane, and the ruins of St. Michael's, Coventry's second cathedral destroyed in the blitz of 1940.
As with many of the rooms at St. Mary's Guildhall, the Fuller's Room is named after one of the many medieval trade guilds that regulated branches of the cloth industry, the primary source of Coventry's medieval wealth and importance. The role of the Fuller was to soften raw wool to make it suitable for weaving into usable cloth.
Users of this room can enjoy free WiFi access.